Deleting someone else’s tweet is easy. Once you’ve done it, you realize how easy. Here, I will show how to delete someone else’s tweet. To delete a tweet on your timeline (which is yours), simply go to the list of tweets that are the newest first and look at them in reverse chronological order until you find the one you want to delete.
Steps to delete someone else’s tweet
· First, look at the list of tweets that are the newest first and look at them in reverse chronological order until you find the one you want to delete.
· To do that, press on one of your friends’ names so it will take you to their timeline. But don’t double-click. Instead, click on the left-arrow button which is under the tweet you want to delete.
· This action will take you to your friend’s timeline which shows all their own tweets.
· Once there, look at the tweet you want to delete and click on the downward arrow-shaped button at the top-right side of the tweet. This button is beside the “Retweet” and “Quote Tweet” buttons; it has three dots. It will open up a list where you can choose to delete your friend’s tweet.
Done! Read more: HOW TO SUGGEST FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK
Can you remove someone’s retweet?
Yes! Just follow the same steps to delete a tweet, you can remove that retweet/quote tweet.
Why can’t I delete old Retweets?
It is because you cannot edit old tweets, only new ones. If you want to delete a retweet that was less than 24hrs ago, then it’s perfectly fine!
Why can’t I delete my own retweets?
Well, your retweets are still a public statement and they will remain on the web forever. You can at least delete them from your own profile. I deleted my tweet, but it’s still there!
You actually didn’t delete the tweet and that was probably a mistake (unless you meant to do that!). If you want to delete your tweet, then click on “Show this edit” link and voila! It should be gone now.
When someone’s tweet cannot be deleted?
If you are trying to delete a tweet on your own profile, then it can’t be deleted. However, if the tweet is not yours (“RT” means “retweet”), then you can do that.
· If the tweet is on your profile but yet not by you, simply go to this page and click on “Show this edit” link and you will be able to delete it.
· However, if the tweet is not on your profile but someone retweeted by you (not a quote-tweet), then go to this page and click on “Delete Retweet”.
· If the tweet has been shared/retweeted by your friends and followers, then the only way is to go this page and click on “Delete My Tweet” link that will delete them all.
Hope you learned how to delete someone else’s tweet. Cheers.